SYNC Connect In The F-150S? - Ford F150 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

SYNC Connect In The F-150S?

Ford has partnered up with a software company called Pivotal Labs in Toronto to improve their software at a faster pace.

Quote:
“As we grow to become both an automaker and a mobility company, having leading software development expertise is critical to delivering at the speed consumers expect,” said Marcy Klevorn, Ford vice president and chief information officer.
Together they were able to develop the SYNC Connect system. It's a smartphone app that gives the user the ability to lock and unlock doors, schedule a future start to warm up or cool down the vehicle, check on fuel and oil levels and locate where the vehicle is parked.

Think the F-150S will get this in the future? If it's just a systems update then it should be possible.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 01:45 PM

All Ford vehicles are expected to get SYNC connect over the next year

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Thought it was still being fine tuned but good to hear that it's being mass deployed in all Ford models. What about the older models made before next year?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
Thought it was still being fine tuned but good to hear that it's being mass deployed in all Ford models. What about the older models made before next year?
from what i understand only compatible with MY2016 vehicles and above. Or it might be only SYNC 3 equipped vehicles, which means a few 2015's as well... but don't quote me

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page