Ford F-150 Recall - Ford F150 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Ford F-150 Recall

Ford has issued a recall for around 202,274 2016 Ford F-150 pickups and 2016 Ford Explorer SUVs due to faulty bolts securing the front seats. This was released on their own press site on the first of this month, so some of you may have already heard about it. In case of a crash, passenger seats may move and increase risk of injury.

Best to check if your vehicle has been affected.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...e-recalls.html
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 09:47 AM
AWD

Hmmm... another recall in a short period of time. It doesn't seem like a big deal to fix it though. Dealers will inspect the bolt to see whether it meets torque requirements, Ford says. If it does, they’ll remove and clean the bolt, add a new threadlock, and reinstall it correctly. If the bolt fails the torque inspection, a threadlock will be added and the bolt will be reinstalled as an interim repair for sold units until the final repair equipment is available.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

It's just little things like these that keeps popping up and requiring your vehicle to be recalled, but this also means they aren't all that strict on quality these days, which is a darn shame IMO. Wasting more man power and money fixing these things all the time compared to just getting it right the first time. Even worse if a stop sale is ever issued.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
It's just little things like these that keeps popping up and requiring your vehicle to be recalled, but this also means they aren't all that strict on quality these days, which is a darn shame IMO. Wasting more man power and money fixing these things all the time compared to just getting it right the first time. Even worse if a stop sale is ever issued.
You have to look at it from Fords end which is the fact that they have deadlines to meet and if those aren't met then it costs them big time. Cutting losses as they happen is just better rather than being perfect all the time. If every car maker did that then no product would come off the assembly line.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Well there are no perfect car manufacturers since even the Japanese brands have recalls, but it would be nice if the standards were raised so things like this happen less and doesn't become the norm in the future. Recalls are so common these days and it's a shame.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 03:12 PM

What's most concerning is a lot of the recalls as of late are for fairly new vehicles, which suggests that they weren't tested adequately before coming to market. I suppose we could also look at the flip side and suggest that the recalls at least indicate they are aware of current issues with their vehicles and aim to have potential issues fixed before they arise as a problem. Unfortunately I think there is so much pressure on car manufacturers in regards to emissions, that sometimes other areas get over looked.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxx View Post
What's most concerning is a lot of the recalls as of late are for fairly new vehicles, which suggests that they weren't tested adequately before coming to market. I suppose we could also look at the flip side and suggest that the recalls at least indicate they are aware of current issues with their vehicles and aim to have potential issues fixed before they arise as a problem. Unfortunately I think there is so much pressure on car manufacturers in regards to emissions, that sometimes other areas get over looked.
Its hard to avoid a new vehicle with problems.
At this point I rather just look into how certain car makers i'm interested in handle issues because that can make or break your entire experience. Often I see people choosing other car makers for that fact, customer service is number 1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page