F-150 In Students Hands? - Ford F150 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

F-150 In Students Hands?

It seems like Ford is looking towards students to rethink its next generation of pickups in a competition that will run until December. Ford wants to keep their pickup relevant and who better than the next generation of buyers?
https://www.wired.com/story/ford-tur...-truck-design/
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 04:36 PM

I have a hard time believing that we will see anything but what the following concept has going on and looking at the current F-150 model they have a lot left over to pick from the truck concept below:

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Creative students will produce F-150 concepts with unique features as that's what they're going to post secondary school for, but I imagine most of them will not take into account production costs and engineering aspects behind developing a pickup.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 07:25 PM

Unless you give them access to Fords teams responsible for different part of production and development I don't think they would figure it out anyways. The main thing to get from this is a new perspective on design rather than an entire solution. New perspective that can appeal to future generations of F150 buyers is invaluable.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Most we can expect from then is aesthetics renderings of what a future F-150 could look like; pinched metal lines, headlamps, etc. I'm still interested to see where the automotive world is heading because some of those student could very well design the next F-150 way in the future.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page