Which Rims? - Ford F150 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Which Rims?

There are 5 wheel options that I can see on the configurator for the 17' F150. Which wheels will you be going with??

Standard Lariat 18"

Standard Lariat (base and mid) 18"

Standard XLT and Lariat Sport package 18"

20" $995

20" $995
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 03:36 PM

Never cared much for wheels so the Standard Lariat 18 inch wheels will be it for me. This will be my daily driver and nothing more than that. But I do have to say those last 20's do look great and suit the F150 well

Which are you planning to get?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Yeah that makes sense at that point, and it's not like they look bad either way. I'm thinking of going more with the the first set of 20" (the one with more spokes) as this isn't going to be much of a work horse and I'll be using it for all of my commuting and I quite frankly just like the way they look.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
Yeah that makes sense at that point, and it's not like they look bad either way. I'm thinking of going more with the the first set of 20" (the one with more spokes) as this isn't going to be much of a work horse and I'll be using it for all of my commuting and I quite frankly just like the way they look.
Yup, over the years Ford has really come around on design, pulling more from their concepts instead of leaving all of that on the table. Completely different from previous generations.

Only thing I might consider in the future is whatever wheels give it an SVT look if ya know what I mean.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

I'm not too sure if any other pickup truck offers you so many different wheel options either which is a huge plus. The more customization in the owners hands from factory is always a good thing.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 03:29 PM

I wouldn't care for it since aftermarket has many to choose from, this is just more of a bonus extra. But as brands like RAM get more into special trims we'll see wheel options grow with that too.

RAM has plans for a true Raptor rival, good future wheel picking for Rebel and regular 1500 guys
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

That's true too.

I'm pretty sure Rams rival for the Raptor will end up with a Hellcat engine as that seems pretty predictable.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 06:04 PM

That would be a good approach which got even easier since the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is coming to market. In development of the GC Trackhawk they addressed some concerns about the Hellcat engine in a bigger application.

But now the only question is when it will happen, market seems primed, but RAM is stalling.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

I would presume if it does come, it'll be around the 2020 mark or something and heavens knows what Ford will come out with then for the Raptors.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page