Possible First Truck - Ford F150 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Possible First Truck

I'm looking into getting my first truck for camping trips and general hauling for when I need it. Ford's f150 line seems to be the go to truck for a lot of people so I'm looking to see if it's the one for me.

Maybe the 2016 F-150 XLT. I'm also looking at the Ram Rebel or maybe even something smaller like the Hyundai Santa Cruz that may come out.

I'm all over the place and that's why I need to gather info from people like you guys.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 05:51 PM

Have you seen the new Titan Warrior? If you're in the market for a Rebel, the Warrior should naturally interest you.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 04:18 PM

Santa Cruz is pretty small. You should decide how much capability and space you really need. No sense in getting way more than you will actually need or use.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Santa Cruz is pretty small. You should decide how much capability and space you really need. No sense in getting way more than you will actually need or use.
There's a small amount of potential truck owners that just want one cause its cool even if the difference between their two options means the difference of say towing a heavy boat vs only a small trailer under 1000 LBS.

Really depends on what the OP is looking for.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 11:38 AM

Most people have at least some idea of the capacity and utility that they need from their truck, even if they are getting a truck more because they like the body style than they really need the capability.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 09:38 PM

How can anyone NOT have an idea of what they need out of truck or any prodoutuct? No one just blindly decides to want something. It's more about how the truck can serve their needs, if it does at all.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 04:09 PM

I mean it is not hard to figure out really. Just think about what you might put in the bed and if you'll be traversing any rough terrain and what you might tow. That should really give you all the information that you need.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
I mean it is not hard to figure out really. Just think about what you might put in the bed and if you'll be traversing any rough terrain and what you might tow. That should really give you all the information that you need.
That's my point. People are here for a reason, there is often times a need to be fulfilled with the bed and it is a motivator for buying a truck.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 07:15 PM

I am wanting to put bikes in the back to cart up to the cottage. Will be nice to help friends move, or take the car to Canadian Tire to grab plants for the spring and summer. Hopefully I'll get a boat in the future and can use the truck to tow it.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 02:24 PM

That's quite minimal, but there's no problem with that, some people just like the idea of owning a truck, they think its cool. You can always get a nice tonneau cover and have it sealed for those times you aren't hauling anything that will exceed the beds depth

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page